Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Break :)

Wow- Has Easter flown by!  We were so busy....

Our weather is so strange!  Friday was BEAUTIFUL and Saturday we woke up to 3 inches of snow on the ground :(  It melted lots on Saturday but then SUNDAY WAS 60+ degrees :)  What a gorgeous Easter....we celebrated with a Easter brunch at our house.  Waffles, breakfast pizza, egg bakes, rolls and french toast bake.  YUM!  The kids had a great time playing outside....it was truly a enjoyable day.

Chad and I were so busy over the weekend with "projects".  We remodeled the living room last winter and built in a media cabinet.  We never did trim it off, so we pulled everything out, arranged it in a better way, added bead board to the inside, painted it white and put everything back in.  We now need to buy the trim we want and cabinet doors.  It looks better already :)

This weekend I sewed, painted, crafted, built and cleaned.  Not to mention laundry...that never goes away!


 The wooden bowl I bought over the winter with intentions of spray painting it...finally done :)
 I built these photo ledges with the plans from Ana White's site....love her plans.  I've built a bench off there too....there are a few other plans I am going to attempt.  I just put the pictures on it, they need to be "arranged", some taken down and others added.  It fills up the wall nicely.
 I've been buying these foam wreaths and hanging them in my sewing room, it was time to go to work.  There are lots of tutorials out there for yarn wreaths.  I love the colors ;)
 I made myself something and actually wore it.  One other time I made a dress in High School, although my sister would argue that and say she made it.  I gave it to my bff, my sister wasn't happy.  She thought she should have gotten it.  I have to say, I love my skirt, will make more and actually wore it in public!  I bought the pattern from the site Make it and love it.  I paid $5.00 and it was well worth it.  I got to try my hand at shirring, it was fun and easy!

I'll leave you with the cutest little 2 year old I know!  Enjoy your day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment