Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Shirt tutorial updates...

Here is the shirt version...
I only had 15 " for the collar and it worked perfect for a 5 year old.

I love the way it looks with a shirred waist.  The only other thing I would like to add is a mustard colored flower on the collar :)

For the dress I made, I decided it needed something, so I cut off the arms which  were the only things left from the scraps.
 
I decided on pockets because that girl loves to pick rocks.  I shirred the top with 3 rows of shirring.

 
Folded the sides over 1/2" and pinned the pockets on the sides of the dress, centered over the side seams...

 
They are hard to see, but they look cute!  All saggy and baggy....love it!


I'm hoping someone tries this, it's sooo easy :)

2 comments:

  1. I need to come to your house for a sewing weekend and tutorial. You say "easy" because you're so talented. It looks hard to me but super, SUPER adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO cute!!! You are amazing. I love to read how your mind cranks through these projects. Such creativity and such cute models!

    ReplyDelete