Monday, July 11, 2011

It's been quiet around here :)

We have had a easy weekend with NOTHING on our schedules.  Softball finished up last week and we are enjoying the quiet (as quiet as 6 kids are) and even spending some time in the swimming pool.  Xander is getting used to the water and I anticipate that he will be swimming around at the end of summer in his life jacket.  Our other kids are fish and have been swimming since they were very young.  Putting our pool in is one of our best purchases.

Ryan swears in with the Coast Guard next week.  He is scheduled to leave for New Jersey (Cape May) in September for basic training.  He is enlisting for 6 years and talks about making a career out of it. I have felt very confident that this is what our son needs to do but did end up having a break down recently.  We were all having fun in the kitchen when Sophia said something witty.  I started to laugh and before I knew it I was bawling.  The family looked at me like I was crazy :(  It will be very strang without my oldest child under our roof.  I'm going to be a wreck! 



We will continue to enjoy the quiet around here until the beginning of August when volleyball and cheerleading practice start.  We have a trip planned to the Dells at the beginning of August as well.  Where is summer going???

No comments:

Post a Comment