Wednesday, February 2, 2011

6 month anniversary.......






For Alexander and I!  6 months ago today we received the best gift, a amazing and precious little boy!  I'm pretty sure that birds were chirping and music was playing.  It was love at first site.  Unfortunately  it's not like that for every adoption,  but for us it was perfect.

We are amazed by him every day and all he has learned in six months.  I love the way he calls for me when he can't see me.  I love the way he poses when we pull out our cameras.  I love the way his eyes squint when he smiles and his dimples appear.  I love his chubby hands and wrist creases.  I love when he runs around in his underwear and his chunky belly sticks out.  I love to pick him up and he's soft and squishy.  I am head-over-heels in LOVE with him.  Daddy too.  Today Daddy was a bit jealous when Xander wanted me, not him.  That doesn't happen very often.  He wanted to know what kind of things I've been telling him while he's at work :) 

I'm so glad we didn't let the fear of the unknown stop us from adopting.  There were so many things to consider when starting the process, like money, a large family, what will people think, money, what if the child doesn't like us, money, what will people think....

I want to thank God for giving me the heart for adoption.  I really had to work on my husband to get him to agree that this would be a good thing and boy I am glad I did.  Chad is such a great Daddy to Xander and I don't think he can get home from work FAST enough to see his boy.  He tells him over and over again, "you are so darn cute."  "Daddy loves you."  It makes me want to cry every time I hear those words come from his mouth....it is so heartwarming.

If you have thought about adoption, go for it.  Research, learn all you can.  It is honestly our best decision as a family.  Our house is busy.  Crazy at times.  In such a short time they will be gone.  Ryan is  a SENIOR already.  Maddie has four short years left at home.  They will all be on there own and Chad and I will have lots of time together-probably driving each other crazy :)

If you have any questions about adoption I would be happy to point you in the right direction.  Just ask....I may talk your ear off though :)

Sandy

2 comments:

  1. What the cutest sweetest looking little guy! Congrats on 6months,how FAST it goes!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were in GZ adopting our youngest (little girl 5 yrs. old) when you were adopting. Happy 6 months, your little one is precious!

    ReplyDelete