Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sweet, sweet kisses.

When I traveled to pick up Xander I chose not to get a crib for our hotel room.  I instead got a large bed so I could snuggle with him at night.  After all, it is good for bonding.  If you remember, Xander did not grieve at all for his caregivers.  They handed him to me and he never looked back.  The following day when I asked my guide to hold him so I could take money from my bad, he sobbed.   He only wanted me.  I was pleased with that!  But at night, when I tried to cuddle with him he pushed away.  He didn't want me to hold him when he went to sleep either.  He just wanted to lay there without anyone, including me, touching him.

When we came home, he was easy to lay down in his bed for his naps.  He would babble a bit, then go to sleep.  He still didn't like for me to rock him.  I started to rock him whenever he would allow me and soon he grew to "prefer" rocking with Momma. 



 Last night, when laying with him, he rolled as close to me as he could and put his head on me,  leaned closer to me and gave me a kiss on the lips.  He did this 3 times, complete with the smooching sound effect. Then he closed his eyes and went to sleep.  I had tears in my eyes when I realized how far this child has come, from a baby who was just happy to be carried around, fed and changed.  To a little boy who glows when he sees  his Mom, Dad or siblings.  I can tell you, there is nothing sweeter than kisses from  this amazing boy!

1 comment:

  1. Those little kisses just totally melt your heart. Lili was exactly the same way and loves to snuggle, hold our hands, put her head on our shoulders, etc. It is so rewarding to be able to actually witness how far they've come in such a short time.

    ReplyDelete