Monday, February 14, 2011

WACAP-our agency

Because I lost our first blog I wanted to post a bit about our agency that we used to bring Alexander home.  WACAP has been absolutely amazing to us  and is still answering my questions!   I would highly recommend them.  They were fast with the paperwork and were cautious not to do  anything that would jeapordize our process.  I am currently going to help  advocate for the children on WACAP's  list.   Here is a bit of what the director had to say about advocating for the waiting children of China:

WACAP (www.wacap.org<http://www.wacap.org>) is looking for families for over 60 new children age 2-12 from China. They are part of the special focus program and WACAP is the only agency seeking families for these children.  Orphanage donation reductions are given on a case by case basis by the orphanage to specific children.  Some orphanages don’t reduce the donation at all.  For kids at WACAP, the grants are for either $2,200 or $4,200. 

Think you don't qualify to adopt?  The good news is now adoptive parent requirements for
"Special Focus" children are more lenient. If you do not meet the usual
requirements to adopt from China, you may now be eligible for a waiver. If
you adopted in the last 12 months check to see if you can reuse your old dossier
to bring one of these children home from Asia!

Concerned about how you can afford to adopt one of these children? There is no
application fee. For qualifying famiies fees may be reduced up to $9000 (including grants, fee reductions, and orphanage donations). Also ask about over $13,000 in Adoption Tax Credit. There is no fee or commitment
involved to receive more information on these children or a password to see their photo.

WACAP has taken lots of video and extra photographs of these kids and they are happy
to share the information without any fee. Contact
Ckids@wacap.org<mailto:Ckids@wacap.org> orFamilyFinders@wacap.org<mailto:FamilyFinders@wacap.org> for a password to see these children's photos.I will start to add files of children that touch my heart and advocate for them.  Please contact me or the family finders team and we can point you in the right direction.

Sandy

1 comment:

  1. Great work Sandy. I agree that WACAP is an amazing agency. I will always be grateful for the gift of my beautiful little girl who WACAP helped me find and for the wonderful chance of getting to know you and my little love Xander in China--because of WACAP.

    ReplyDelete