Friday, March 25, 2011

Shirt entry @ I am momma...

I am entering my first sewing contest, it's over at one of my FAVORITE blogs, http://iammommahearmeroar.blogspot.com/.    You can enter 2 items and it has to be a shirt, hoodie, jacket or something for a boys upper body :)  This will be  my first entry and if I can finish the jacket I have 1/2 way done I will enter that as my second item! 

 First off, it is NOT EASY trying to get good photo's of a 2 year old!  This was a up-cycle project.  While in China getting Xander I bought my oldest boy a t shirt, he never wore it so it was fair game.The red was a turtleneck and the striped a maternity shirt :)
                                            
I used the Urban Hoodie pattern, it's easy to make and fun to get creative with :)

 Who says boys aren't fun to sew for???  Why is his face NEVER clean???
Even the buttons are recycled :)

Judging by the look on his face, I'd say he likes it :) 

I'm hoping I can finish his jacket, it's way too cute.  I would wear it myself!


2 comments: