Monday, March 21, 2011

Sports and the other kids :)

I don't post about the other 5 kids so I am going to dedicate this post to them!  I do have others :)  I started this blog to record Xander and his adoption/growth but I do want you to know that I love my other children as much as we love him!



Madeline was SUPER busy this past week.  She skated in 2 ice shows (with 2 rehearsals), 9 volleyball games and 3 basketball games.  All is 8 days!  Not to mention the practices that go along with...

Her basketball team took 2nd place on Sunday.  She is a great athlete, no matter what sport.  She will start running track after spring break too :)


Josie's team took 2nd as well, I think this is their 3rd 2nd place finish this season.  She is doing so great playing ball and made the winning basket in overtime with 4 seconds left, to get them into the championship game.  It was so great!  I think she had 30 points throughout the weekend!    Good job Josie-we are so proud of you :)


Maija's team did well too, she plays on a 3rd grade team but is in second grade.  She is the 3rd from the right.  This was after the 1st game where she scored 10 points!  She is the leading scorer for the team-she knows the game and is constantly telling the 3rd graders what to do.  She is SUPER competitive, which isn't always the best and at times I am embarassed by her but she is good,  if there is nowhere to pass the ball then she isn't left with a choice than to shoot!  Oh Maija, hopefully she will outgrow it :)

We had such a busy weekend, leaving at 7:30 both mornings and not getting home until night.  Chad coaches both Maija and Josie's team and I had to run  back between the High School and grade school so I could see Maddie play too!  Man, I'm tired today and have hardly accomplished anything.  Tonight we have a volleyball game. 

Xander got left at Grandma's because the days were too long for a 2 year old to sit and be good.  It was a good thing we did, because he ended up with a flu bug and spent the afternoon with a fever and vommiting!

One more- here's Maija and her adorable friend!
Another Xander post will be coming shortly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment